Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus - Best Rock Album of 2020 l Tracks Ranking

 Miley Cyrus released her highly anticipated 7th studio album - Plastic Hearts, on November 27th 2020.

It contains futures from:Billie Idol, Dua Lipa and Jean Bett.

I describe this album as rock influenced. On songs like WTF Do I Know, those influences are visible. But it  rocks and contains some material that's more characteristic to her precedent album (Songs like:Angels Like You and Golden G String, are in that category).





I personally like the album. In certain parts the production is too generic (Angels Like You, Golden G String). Sometimes the production is very 70's  (Night Crawling ft.Billie Idol) etc. I think this style is really good for her and she can make it her own.

Album Rating: 8/10

Ranking (from worst to the best)

12. High

This song reminds me of Miley's 2010 music. Is generic, weak production, bad vocals. It could be a hit back in the day, but it is what it is.

Rating: 6/10

11. Bad Karma feat. Joan Bett

 I think this could be a perfect interlude but we got what we got. You can fell asleep listening to it.

The production sounds very back in the day, and the lyrics are there too. The biggest problem I have with this song is the background voice, is repetitive and just bad...

Rating: 7.5/10

10. Angel Like You

This song have such a beautiful message, the lyrics are pretty good, hr vocals are top notch but ...the production, is the baddest. It sounds like a 2010 Hannah Montana song. This could be the best from the album if it didn't had this bad production.

Rating: 7.5/10


9. Never Be Me

This song sounds  very 70's. I love the production and the rasp from her voice at the chorus. 

You can feel the emotions from her voice.

Rating: 8/10

8. Hate Me

The production is dated, but I still enjoy it (don't judge me). This sounds like a Hannah Montana song too. I like the bridge.

Rating: 8/10

7.  Golden G String

This song is emotional - I think is about how she realized why she should continue to live and to not ``walk away``. The song is a good outro and the best ballad from this album.

Rating: 8/10

 6. Gimme What I Want

This is so good. The robotic voice at the chorus is futuristic but the 70's influences made it like it is from the past. Also the production is fire. This is a rock song!

Rating: 8.7/10

5. Plastic Hearts

This song is about how you '' feel nothing all night long'' and about how people use you to make money, I guess she talks about the industry in this.

The production rocks. The 70'S ARE THE NEW TREND.

Rating: 8.9/10

4. WTF Do I Know

This song rocks the most from the entire album. The production is top notch. The vocals are top notch and the lyrics are giving me Is the final countdown vibes (like really), the guitar solo at the bridge is gorgeous.

Rating: 10/10

3. Midnight Sky

This is more 80's inspired than rock. The production is reminding me of Future Nostalgia (album) by Dua Lipa.

I can say that this song is one of Miley's best , it is her catchiest song to date and the production is just top notch. Love it

Rating: 10/10 

2. Prisoner (with Dua Lipa)

The production of this song reminds me of Don't start now by Dua, It also samples a little part from the 1981 song Physical.

Talking about the song... It is so good, gorgeous, amazing, call it how you want, it is magnificent. The chemistry between Dua and Miley, they complements each other very well.

This song is infectious, you have to like it.

Rating: 10/10 

1. Night Crawling feat. Billy Idol

This is not 70's inspired, this is from the 70's. You can't say that this song have something in common with today's music. The production is just the best, and Billy have that 70's vibe in his voice (if that makes sense). This is powerful, it gives you a feeling of freedom, love it.

Rating: 10/10


And that's everything I gotta say about this album, what do you think about it?


See you next Sunday!




Comments