IS CHROMATICA LADY GAGA`S BEST ALBUM ? Let`s find out together

 2020 is a good year for Gaga,   a #1 album in US, a #1 single in US and 5 VMA`S in a single night. That`s her biggest goals during the Chromatica era so far. Now we will talk about why Chromatica is different in comparison with other Lady  Gaga albums and I`ll rank every track on this album from the least favorite to the best. Let`s begin!



Chromatica is a synth-pop album inspired by 90`s house. It fits very well in 2020 because of the 80`s inspired disco sound. I think Chromatica can be compared with Artpop (2013) because both have an electronic sound and other similarities, however Artpop have a more aggressive production in comparison with Chromatica. 

Overall Chromatica is a very good album, it grow on you after each listen and I can easily put Chromatica in top 3 albums of 2020. 

  Now I`ll share my opinion about each song from this masterpiece(excluding the target bonus tracks and Chromatica I,II,III)

13. Fun  Tonight - I feel disconnected with it

Fun Tonight is very boring  in my opinion, with a horrible chorus and pre-chorus. It don`t  have  the best lyrics from this album and not the best production overall. I can say Chromatica I,II,III are more listenable than Fun Tonight. 



Rating - 6.5/10 (low)

12. Sour Candy (with Blackpink) - WEAK


This song is bad. I guess is a good club song or something like but in rest it don`t have anything wow.

It have a generic production and a deep message in a bad lyricism. 

Rating - 6.5/10 (low)



11. Free Woman - Generic production, powerful lyrics

Free Woman is a female empowerment  track. It have good lyrics and sometimes good vocals but the production is mediocre in my opinion - is too generic, it feels like I heard something like that in the past.But it is still listenable .

Rating - 7.5/10 (medium)



10. Sine from above(with Elton John) - Over produced Chorus

Don`t get me wrong, Sine from above have one of the best lyrics from the album and the vocals are very good too , I see a good chemistry between  Gaga and Elton. However my problem with this song is the Chorus production and the outro. Those parts sounds like the EDM from 2017 or something like that and it feels dated. Despite that I will not skip the song until the first chorus.

Rating - 8/10 (good)



9. 1000 Doves - Sine from above 2.0

This song have a lot of similarities with sine from above.  Both have very good lyrics and both have the  same issue - the chorus over production.  If u read the Sine from above review you`ll understand and 1000 doves . 

P.S. I enjoy more the piano demo.

Rating - 8/10 (good)



8. Enigma - Powerful

    Enigma is a very good song  with some powerful lyrics. When I first listened I was like „this is bad” but the song grew on me a lot , like other songs from Chromatica. This  track  is about being misunderstood and is about loving this feeling. You can hear the power of the song only from her deep voice.

    Rating - 8.5/10 ( good)



7. Plastic Doll - Dancing  Crying 

Plastic Doll have a tearful message along a fun production. Is like dancing trough your insecurities .

I love the production of this song and the bridge.

Rating 8.5 (good)



6. Babylon - Gossip Gossip

This is a celebration of something. I don`t know exactly of what , but it is a song that have a fun production and some fun lyrics. It is one of the album highlights. 

Rating 9/10 (very good)



5. Stupid Love - Bad Romance  from Chromatica

I didn`t liked this song until the album release. But recently I realized that this song is so good. It screams Power from a mile. The production sounds like do what u want from Artpop. 

Overall is a good produced song with some amazing vocals.

Rating - 9/10 (very good)



4. 911 - A pop music emergency 

This song is psychotic. It have  robotic vocals thats sounds scary and again some tearful lyrics and a fun production. My fav part from the song is the Chorus along the verse „My biggest enemy is me pop a 911” - We are sometimes our biggest critics and sometimes some small problems become big because of us.

Rating - 9.5/10 (amazing)





The Holy Trinity

3. Replay - The PTSD song

It is the best written song from the album with a psychotic chorus and psychotic lyrics.Replay is about PTSD from been raped.You can hear the  pain only from her voice.  This reminds me a lot of 911 .

Rating - 10/10 (Perfection)

2.Alice - The Wonderland

The Production of this song is one of the best from Chromatica. I love the transition between Alice and Chromatica I. Alice is a album highlight  with a pure 90`s house sound and a fan favorite.

Rating - 10/10 (Perfection)



1. Rain on me (with Ariana Grande) - The Best Song

 First of all This song was nothing without Ariana.  It have the best production from this album and some tearful  lyrics. Is about surviving from life traumas. I guess Gaga and Grande where perfect for this song because both had tragic experiences during their careers.

Sonically - they have chemistry, Ariana`s voice is smooth but Gaga`s voice hits different. The song grow on you after each listen .

Rating - 10/10 (Ultra Perfection)




Chromatica is an album that contains a lot of jams and pain . Gaga described the album as a story and a process of healing and a  new begging.

Chromatica Rating - 8.53 ( Very Good)

What do you think about this album ? See u next Sunday bye!  







 

Comments