Halsey - Manic I Tracks Ranking

 Halsey dropped her 3rd studio album „Manic” , back in January 2020. The album contains the worldwide hit „Without Me” and is one of the  most streamed albums by a female artist in 2020.



Now let`s talk about why this album is good.

Manic have  a lot of influences. We have country on tracks like You Should Be Sad, rock on 3am  and trap basically on every single track. The album still sounds very Halsey, and that`s a good thing.


Ranking  

16. SUGA`s Interlude

This song is really good but it still feels like an interlude. I don`t think the chemistry between SUGA and Halsey is there, they both have different deliveries. I like SUGA rapping and Halsey singing but separately.

Rating: 7/10 (average)

15. I HATE EVERYBODY

This is too simple. I like the way she switches from the verse to pre-chorus and then to chorus but the verses seems to be too simple. The lyrics are there is about hating everybody, but then realizing u don`t.

Rating: 7/10 (average)

14. Alain`s Interlude

Alain`s robotic voice fits very well with this. It sounds like  a mid 2000`s R&B but t is fresh in the same time. 

Rating: 7,5 (ok)

13. Dominic`s Interlude

The dreamy intro is so angelic, I love it. Dominic`s vocals are amazing to be honest. Halsey is missing from it, literally. 

Rating: 7,5 (ok)

12. killing boys

The dialogue from the intro is very informative. I think is about refusing to have another relationship. ''i will never fell this way again''  - that`s it. This is too short.

Rating: 7.5/10 (ok)

11. Finally //Beautiful Stranger

This is the first and last ballad from this album. I think she can madke a hole album sounding just like.

I love her vocals in this and the country instrument from the background. I think is the perfect song to drive too.

Rating: 7.7 (ok)

10. More

This song is about wanting someone more than u wanted before, is about the feeling of love growing on you. The simplistic production highlights Halsey`s voice. The production is basically just a deep bass that fits perfectly with her voice.

Rating 7.9/10 (ok)

9. You Should Be Sad

This song was my favorite at the begging but  I don`t know why the guitar sounds bad now. Overall it sounds like a radio hit, very catchy with a country vibe that is actually very good. It have some rock elements that fits perfectly with it.

Rating: 8/10 (good)

8. Still Learning

This is about learning how to love yourself, about trying to be you, the lyrics are very tearful at the first listen. The production sounds a bit generic in certain parts.  

Rating: 8.5/10 (good)

7. Forever ... (is a long time)

This is kind of a ballad, the production is so chill and fine, the pause at the middle and the piano switch is top notch .The piano part is very dark.  Her voice is beautiful at the begging. The outro is unexpected, I love it, rock inspired and very manic.

Rating 8.5/10 (good)

6. Without Me

I love this song since November 2018, when it was released. I t is catchy and  sounds like Halsey. The production is beautiful, the intro reminds me of God Is  A woman by Ariana Grande. The lyrics are about ''thinking you could live without me'' - that's it. I love the bridge.

Rating: 8.5 (good)

5. Ashley

It starts very chill then it turns into a rock chorus. And that`s the structure of the song. The lyrics about creating a image of yourself that don`t represent you, and trying to be you. Is about how you can;t be yourself. This song have a lot of meanings for me.

3. Graveyard

This is country inspired but in the best way possible (is that making any sense?), is the catchiest song on this album, the production is top notch.

This song is about following someone deep till you're getting to the graveyard (that`s the way I understand it). Is about being obsessed with someone. 

Rating: 9.5/10 (very good)

2. clementine 

This song is psychotic. It sounds like loneliness. Is about hiding yourself in your world, where you don`t need anyone. The voice  from the background I think represents her subconscious .

Is a sad song - is a manic track.

Rating: 9.8/10 (masterpiece)

1. 3am

The best song on this album is a rock inspired one. Is about hanging up the phone then  your insecurities are  hurting you and  you're calling everybody that you know. I think is about having a panic attack at 3 am or something. The production is very old school but fresh too. 

Rating: 10/10


Those were my toughs about this album. What do you think about it?


See you next Sunday

 

     

Comments