The truth about Selena Gomez`s „Rare” / Did Rare succeed?

 Selena Gomez released her 3rd studio album, Rare , back in January 2020. It contains the hits Lose You To  Love Me and Look At Her Now.

First thing first this album sounds very Selena Gomez. I can't say Rare is a evolution from Revival (2015).



Is the same EDM sound that Selena made it her own. I don`t say Rare is a bad album but it is just like its predecessor which was released back in 2015. 

Overall the album is very chill. From a super bass production  like Boyfriend we get into the tearful ballad of self acceptance, actually I think that song is one of her bests,then we  are switching to the title track which for me is ...meh,souvenir for me is very generic, very mid 2010's but is very catchy and chill m that's the main reason why I like it. ``She`` is a song with some similarities with Boyfriend, I see it as a continuation of boyfriend or lose you to love me. Crowded Room is just so beautiful,vulnerable is very ...vulnerable. Dance Again is one of the standout tracks there. Ring is very similar to Havana by Camilla Cabello and that song is a sample from Same Old Love (a Selena song), Ring is actually very catchy, but is pretty boring from me.A sweeter place is another chill cute tracks which i like it without any reason. People You Know reminds me of the Disney Selena, have the most generic message ever with this recycled sound, is boring to be honest. Cut you off is something different in some ways, it sounds unfinished.The rest off the songs are forgettable excepting Feel Me which sounds like some of her droplets, a good song overall.

My ranking is there (from worst to the best):

17. Fun - not fun

This is boring and strange. I feel like Selena was frunk during this. It is bad at all.

Rating 4/10 (bad)

16. Rare 

Rare is bad. I don't fell any kind of emotion listening to t, it's generic and the vocals from the chorus are unnecessary, we all know Selena isn't a good vocalist. This acctually grew on me after 3 months of its release but is still a filler track for me.

Rating: 6/10 (bad)


15. Let Met Get Me

This is a filler. The beat is boring and the lyrics are boring. Pretty forgettable.

Rating: 6/10 (bad)

14.Cut You Off

This song is minimalist  and that`s why I like it. The lyricism is trash of course is another filler.

Rating: 6/10 (bad)

13. Kinda Crazy

This is a club song that will fit perfectly into a club and nothing more. Also  filler.

Rating: 6.5/10 almost average

12. People You Know

This song is actually good. I said that it have a generic message but the way she sing all those bars is special. Basically this is about the connection between a lot off people, she said ''my heat can go from people you know'' - I mean she`s refering at the fact that she can leave that boy for this boy`s brother of friend ..you got me.

Rating: 8/10 good 

11. She

I like the lyrics of this song actually but I don't like the intro and other aspects like the bridge.

I see it as a continuation to Boyfriend.

10. Look At Her Now

This is about hoe the time change people into better. The production is very club friendly, the lyrics are one of the bests from this album.

Rating 8.5 (very good)



9. Ring

The Havana inspired song is very naughty and savage. I think this is about playing with boys in the game of love and you literally break their hearts - but you are still high. The production of this song is so good to be honest, is different from the generic EDM and that`s awesome.

Rating;8.5/10 (very good)



8. Souvenir 

This song is very chill with beautiful harmonies on the chorus, is gorgeous to be honest.

Rating:8.5/10 (very good)



7. Feel Me

This sounds like it was produced by Kygo. I like the production the lyrics aren't anything special. The chorus and the post chorus are my favorites parts of it.

Rating: 8.5/10 (very good)

6. Vulnerable

This song sounds like depression, is chill, you can cry to it if you want. My favorite part is the pre chorus and the chorus. The production is there and the lyrics are good at all.

Rating: 9/10 (very good)

5. A Sweeter Place (feat. Kid Cudi)

This song is beautiful and sweet. I love both Selena and Kid Cudi there. Basically I like it without any reason.

Rating: 9 /10 (very good)



4. Boyfriend

This song is so goood. The production is deep and catchy, the lyrics are very good. Basically this is about how desperate for love yo are.

Rating: 10/10



3.Crowded Room 

This song is about being stuck with  you lover, being connected with him even in a crowded room. In this Selena sounds very bright and the production is very minimal but still there.



2. Dance Again

This is very disco and Selena from Disney inspired. I love the production and the lyrics. Its about dancing again with youself or something like, is about restarting your system.

Rating: 10/10



1. Lose You To Love

Fct; I hated this song when it was released. But now I think this her best song from this album. The message is the most important thing there. Is about...blind all the time during a relationship and hating yourself then you woke and say I love myself but without you.This have a lot of meanings and the song is very good written actually.

Rating: 10/10 perfection




As you can see my opinion in many cases is uncertain sorry for that.

We can say that Rare is a good album, with some filler tracks but some very beautiful ballads and EDM BANGER .



Tell me in the comments your opinon about this.


See you next Sunday


Comments