Is „THE ALBUM” BY BLACKPINK good? l Ranking „THE ALBUM” by Blackpink

 Blackpink recently released their highly anticipated album, titled ironically „THE ALBUM”.

The Album contains hit songs like ”How You Like That” and Ice Cream (feat.Selena Gomez).

Today I`ll rank all 8 songs after my opinion.

So let`s begin.



8. Bet You Wanna (feat. Cardi B) - Cheap Bubblegum

This song reminds me of Ice Cream (another bad song). I don`t like the lyrics and the vocals, basically I don`t like anything in that song excepting the Cardi B verse - which is pretty good.

Rating - 7/10 - weak

7. Ice Cream (feat.Selena Gomez) - Weak bubblegum

This song is so bad. Is a cheap bubblegum song with terrible vocals. They tried to rap on this or something - they failed. Selena didn`t save the song.

Rating - 7/10 - weak

6. Crazy over you - What the hell is with the chorus

This song could be better if that chorus was more upbeat or something. The lyricism here is weak as hell. Overall is bad because of the chorus.

Rating - 7/10 - weak

5. You never know - the ballad

This is a ballad. It reminds me of early 2010`s Disney Music but in Korean. I don`t understand too much because of the Korean lyrics but I like the piano production.

Rating - 8/10 almost good 

4.  Love To Hate Me - kinda good

This is a good song overall. I like the production and the chorus it reminds me of Gibberish by MAX. And of Get on your knees by Nicki Minaj ft. Ariana Grande. I like the bridge - they kinda tried to rap and they nailed it. The bridge reminds me of Eminem.

Rating - 8.5 - overall good

3. Pretty Savage - Bop

I like this song so much . It`s really nasty and have beautiful vocals. Like the chorus and the production of the song. 

Rating - 8.5/10 - very good

2. How You Like That - the hit

I like the powerful chorus on this song and the bridge , the verses are a hole different story - they are really emotion to be honest. I like the lyrics. Is a good song.

Rating - 8.5 - very good

1. Lovesick Girls -  The Best

This song reminds me of the 2012 pop. Love the chorus so much. And the message . The production is cosmic. And the bridge is at the same level with the rest of the song.

Rating - 9.5/10 - cosmic


This was my thoughts about this album. Overall is a average album and a good debut. 

This opinion came from somebody who don`t listen to k-pop in it`s routine.

Album rating - 8/10 - almost good (average)


What`s your favorite song from this ? See u next Sunday!

 

Comments