"Nobody Is Listening" by ZAYN / Thoughts

 Hi everyone and welcome to my blog!

Today, I’ll share my thoughts on ZAYN’s new album “Nobody  Is Listening”, released January 15th 2021.

This is the first time when I listen to a ZAYN’s album, so I can’t compare it to his previous works.



Sound 


This album is a Pop one, without trap influences. For me, it sounds like the music from  2016.

Also his voice, he’s desperately trying to sing R&B, sometimes this sounds pretty decent (in songs like “Sweat”), but sometimes this is underwhelming (in songs like “Connexion”).

Also I like him rapping, the track “Calamity” speaks from itself.


Lyrics


Sometimes there, the lyrics are actually deep and have special references. 

Are certain tracks that I have no idea what they want to say.



Tracks Commentary (tracklist order)


  1. Calamity

I think this is a great intro, I like him rapping and the deep references to death.

The lyrics are said in a very philosophical way. 

This song has a very simple structure, is just a long verse and the chorus at the end.


Rating: 8/10


  1. Better

I like him doing R&B  there, I can feel the feeling from his voice. I like the catchines of this song.

This song is about when you love somebody but she doesn't love you.


Rating: 8.5/10


  1. Outside

If on the last track the vocals were at the point, here…. not really.

I think this song has references to the quarantine, he’s saying there that he wants to “live my life outside”. Some people are saying that this song has references to death.


Rating: 7.8/10


  1. Vibez

This was made to be a hit, I think. It sounds very radio friendly. Long story short - it's catchy. I like the vocals, it reminds me of Ariana Grande’s “My Everything” album.

The production it’s very chill and lovely (if that makes sense).


Rating: 8.5/10


  1. When Love’s Around (feat. Syd)


To be honest, I don’t really enjoy Syd’s part, it's just like  abad version of Lana Del Ray or something.

Her verse is unnecessary.

Zayn sounds pretty well there.

The lyrics are quite repetitive, I don’t like that.


Rating: 6/10


  1. Connexion

I don’t like the vocals on this song, they are so bad. The vocals destroy the entire song.

His voice sounds pretty decent on the verses.

Also I don’t like the post-chorus, that robotic voice is just unnecessary.

The message of the song/ lyrics are pretty good. Is about having a connexion that feels like a drug.


Rating: 4/10


  1. Sweat

So far, this is my favourite song on the entire album. Is a satisfactory experience. The production is very cool, it reminds me of that 2016 type of production. I love the lyrics :)


Rating: 9.5/10


  1. Unf*ckwaitable

The vocals sometimes are underwhelming. The lyrics are actually sad, I love them. The chorus is mediocre. And the way he sings is just bad there.


Rating: 5/10


  1. Windowsill (feat. Devlin)

The 2nd artist is unnecessary.

I like the vocals, the production is decent and the lyrics remind me of “Sweat”.

Basically is a cute song.


Rating: 8/10


  1. Tightrope

I think this is about waiting for an end, but I don’t really know what type of end. The production gives me Nicki Minaj “Ganja Burn” vibes. It’s very calm and nice.


Rating: 7.8/10


  1. River Road


This song has a similar structure with the intro. I think it is about being left alone in a relationship, this message is hidden is some very deep lyrics that I didn’t understand after the first 5 listens.


Rating: 7.8/10



Album Rating: 7.35 (Average)


This is all for  today, share your thoughts about this album down below.







 


Comments