„Hot Pink” Album by Doja Cat l Album Ranking

 Hi everyone, my name is Tommy, and today I’ll share my thoughts on  Doja Cat’s 2019 album - “Hot Pink”. 

Album Cover



This album contains the smash hit “Say So” and other smaller hits just like “Juicy”.


Hot Pink is a Hip-Hop/Trap album, with a lot of Pop and Disco inspiration. This album is very characteristic for 2020 - when the 80's were back in trend. 

 This album reminds me of Nicki’s  2010 album - “Pink Friday”. 

Hot Pink gives me a very chill/ feeling' myself vibe, it’s a satisfactory experience due to her smooth voice.


Album Ranking (from worst to the best)


12. Shine

The problem with this song is the over autotuned voice, I just don’t like that. She sounds cheap, and high. Also the  subject matter is just very generic. Is the cheapest trap beat that I heard in this album.


Rating: 4/10 




11. Better Than Me

This song is very cute but nothing more. I think it's very boring, very lazy.


Rating:  6/10 




10. Streets

The production and the trap beat from the background alongside her smooth voice made this song  enjoyable, it’s very chill , I think it sounds like a 2000’s R&B song but in a fresh way (is that making sense?).

Also this sounds very much like an interlude - the most beautiful interlude.

Rating: 7.8/10 




9. Talk Dirty 

This is very nasty, again her smooth vocals made this song enjoyable. 

This song sounds like an interlude too.


Rating: 7,5/10




8. Bottom Bitch 

This has a small problem, in certain parts her voice sounds very auto tuned, overall is a good song, and is a chill summer banger I think. 


Rating: 7.9/10



7. Cyber Sex


This is such a catchy song, very nasty and has that smooth chill vibe. Her voice has a little rasp, this gives a little color to the song. The song is basically having Cyber Sex.



Rating: 8/10 




6. Won’t Bite

This is very lazy and cute, here we have Doja’s raspy voice filling our ears with such a cute melody, I don’t know who’s the collaborator but it’s quite forgettable.


Rating: 8/10 




5. Addiction 


The beat is so damn catchy, it's like the much better version of ‘’Streets’’.

This one of the smoothest one, it’s very nasty (y’all noticed that I say that about almost every track out there).

The production is gorgeous, her voice is just beautiful.


Rating: 8/10



4. Juicy 

One of the nastiest and catchiest on this record. Have similarities with the other tracks on this album , also Tyga is very good there. 


Rating: 8,3/10



3. Like That

This is very similar with “say so”. I really love it. I have a lot of memories with this song, is such a smooth song just like the other songs, but this  is somehow different.

Gucci Mane is very good on this track but his verse is quite short.


Rating: 8,9/10




2. Rules

This has the best lyrics from the entire album, is basically about certain rules that her lover is forced to respect. 

I love the production and her nasty flow.


Rating: 9,8/10




1.. Say So

I have a different relationship with this, this is one of the best songs of 2020, it’s so god damn catchy. The 2nd verse is  like my favorite from the entire album, her flow is top notch, the production is top notch and the 2nd remix with Nicki is AWESOME.


Rating: 10/10




Album Rating: 7,9/10 - Good


Those were my thoughts on this album, if you have some questions ask me in the comment section, see you next Sunday!




Comments