Hollywood`s Bleeding by Post Malone Ranking / Review

 Hollywood`s Bleeding, 3rd studio record of Post Malone was released in September 2019, it contains the worldwide hits Goodbyes(ft.Young Thug), Wow, Sunflower (ft. Swee Lee) and Circles. 




With this album Post Malone is switching into a darker type of sound. We can hear and feel that in tracks such as the title track, Die for Me(ft Healsy), On the  road. Also the album have a ligher part with songs like Circles and Sunflower. The lyricism is really good. None of the  17 tracks are about drugs, money or something like - that`s an evolution.(the only song which reminds me of b&b era is wow).

Speaking of genres this is more pop than trap and that`s just a step forward.

I divided the album in three parts the personal, the dark part and the light part.

The most personal part is made by songs such as I`m gonna be, Myself and I know

6,957 Post Malone Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

I can say this album have some filler tracks such as Starting at the Sun( ft. SZA) which is a copycat to Sunflower and Allergic which is .....meh.

I can say this is his best album to date because of the mature lyrics and themes of the songs  with a lot of pop influences. 

Album rating: 8.67/10 (Magnificent )

Album rank(from worst to best)

17. Allergic - I`m allergic at this track

This song is so bad. Especially the `vocals`. Post Malone isn`t the best singer , he`s not made for doing high notes . I feel like he was on drugs when he recorded this. It is a filer track.

Rating: 6/10(bad)



16. Saint-Tropez - Promotional  filler 

This song is boring. Is calming in certain ways but boring. The lyrical content on this is...trash and something happed to his flow on it(pop a 911). 

Rating: 6.5/10 (better than bad)



15. Internet - Calming S#HIT

This song have a powerful message about how the social media is the toilet of the internet but the problem on it is the production and his voice. It sounds boooring as hell here. 

Rating: 7.5/10(almost good)



14. Starting at the Sun(feat. SZA) - Copycat

I feel like this is a copycat to sunflower to be honest. They have a lot of similarities  but this is a lot more garbage than sunflower because of SZA, guuurl what happen?

Rating: 7.5( not good)

13. A thousand bad times - Heavy 

This song starts really heavy and keeps this atmosphere until the end of it. I guess iss about some issues in my life and I`m happy that this don`t have too much trap in it.

Rating: 8/10(okay)



12. Sunflower(ft. Swae Lee) - It feels nostalgic

This was my favorite song at the time of it`s release(back in 2018), know I feel it very childish to be honest but is good at all. I describe it as childish.

Rating: 8/10(good)



11. Myself - personal

This is  the most personal song on this album. The lyrical content is simple at all. It talks about how he wants to be himself and things like.

I feel it is too simple btw.

Rating: 8.5(very good)



10. I`m Gonna Be - Myself`s brother

I`m gonna be have a lot of similarities with myself and have that simple production too with some simple lyrics and a almost the same message and a better bridge. Overall it is myself part.2

Rating: 8.5/10(very good)

9. Take what you want - rock ballad

This is a very energetic dark song.It is unique because of the rock influences for it . I like the lyrical content to and his voice is very deep and clear 9 love that too). Overall this is a bop.

Rating 9/10 Bop



8.Enemies(feat. DaBaby) - pure heroine

This song is so catchy alongside a very simple production and a verse  from the one and only DaBaby which make this song so special. I appreciate the lyrical content (a little bit generic but dosen`t matter)

Ranting: 9/10 Bop



7. I know - reality

The production of this song feels like an end of a relationship. Is about realizing that she`s `` a devil undercover`` . The production is very light and calm.

Rating: 9/10 Bop

6. Wow - Trap banger 

This song is the perfect for a party, is energetic and is about having fun let`s be honest. This is the only song on the album that reminds me of b&b his precedent album.

Rating: 9/10 Bop



5. On the Road - darkest song from this album

This was my initial favorite from this album. On the Road have such a dark tone in it. The production is top alongside his flow . The other artists - Meek Mill and Lil Baby are forgettable.

Rating:9./10 Bop

4.Goodbyes(feat. Young Thub) - the end of an  era

This song is from the light part of the album. The lyrical content is very good. It makes me smile and cry n the same time. Goodbyes is about ending a relationship that is annoying, is about deleting that person from your brain.

Rating: 10/10 Perfection



3. Die for me(feat, Halsey) - CHEMISTRY

This song is so beautiful and the chemistry between Posty and Halsey is very good. The lyrical content is emotional . This song is a dark one.

Rating: 10/10 Perfection



2. Circles - calm ballad

When it was first released I hate it, I started to love it back in January this year. This is very calming and is about running in circles with your partner(or this is what I understood).

Rating: 10/10 Perfection



1. Hollywood`s Bleeding - the best

The best song from this gorgeous album is the title track itself. This song is divided in two: the 1st part -  a dark ballad, and the second part a trap song with the same message also dark. I can`t explain why this is the best or something the song speaks for itself.

Rating 10/10 Ultraperfection



Agree or Disagree? Hope you like it see u next week!


 



 





Comments